View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 04:12 AM   #4
(female)

rileyc HB User
Re: Iron infusions for 4 years

Well, I had the infusion and it was not so bad! The nurse ordered the little baby needles, lol and it didn't hurt!
However, the Hgb only went up to 8.8 after the infusion last week.

The other thing is that my hematologist came to talk to me and said he wants to do a bone marrow biopsy next week and another infusion after I told the PA how bad I've been feeling the past couple weeks because it seemed worse than the other times I had Hgb that was in the 8's and they looked at my bloodwork for the past month and found that my white count is too low also and some other values are too low, I don't remember what, and he said that contributes to fatigue. I felt so tired yesterday morning that I couldn't even get a shower or do my hair.

I'm kind of upset because I think they should have noticed it before yesterday but it seems like the PA only looks at the ferritin and Hgb since that's what my usual problems are. Once she told the doc he reviewed the bloodwork and found this.

So, anyone had a bone marrow biopsy? I'm afraid of it because I read that it hurts a lot and he said he only does a local numbing of the area. I'd prefer complete knock out! I think I just have a needle phobia now after so many IV's. It never used to bother me but now I'm a big baby about it.