View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 11:22 AM   #26
Veteran
(female)

luca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB User
Re: Positive ANA AB Titer with Nucleolar Patter??

I agree with VeeJ that you should read up and include Plaquenil in that. When I was first diagnosed, I was put on it and it, for me, really helped with the fatigue. It took a while but I am so glad I was prescribed it. It was a few years later that the more toxic drugs were added for me. I never really bought into the "stress" thing either, but then I never got any anxiety attacks, (even when my PCP told me that it was all in my head and that I was anxious - what a jerk!) but they are not associated with sclero, either. Def follow up on those inflammatory patches and get those under control. I had an upper GI immediately on diagnosis because of GERD (which IS part of sclero) and went on preventative medication against further damage. That, too, was a game changer for me. I felt a whole lot better! I had to weigh the side effects (possible osteoporosis) versus the benefits (saving my eosophagus) and carefully consider my Dr's advice. Oh, I did want to point out that you should be carefull when reading up and doing research because often times all you find are worst case scenarios, or mis-information, and down right scams designed to play on your fears. Keep us posted and as always, wishing you the best.

The Following User Says Thank You to luca689 For This Useful Post:
Boxermama (12-06-2012)