Thread: My Stroke
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 06:26 PM   #18
Inactive
(female)

Mulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB User
Re: My Stroke

YOu made me laugh when you asked that question and it made me really think about how I was before the stroke and how I am now.
Before the stroke I worried tooooooooo much about what people thought. I was shy, quiet and afraid to try new things for fear of critism. Now I dont care. I am much closer to God and really feel blessed that I have been given a second chance to do better, and not be afraid. It is how I always wanted to be but lacked the courage. I think the stroke has given me a gift of courage to be who I really am. I dont waist time worrying, I dont waist time freting about what people think. Even though the stroke took my math skills my ability to multi task, I dont walk as good as I use to and I dont have the stamina I use to have. But I am still me deep down inside Im still here and the stroke gave me wings and the ability to be myself something I have never been. I have always wanted more than anything to help people. It is what I want to do and I hope I can do a better job of that with the second chance I have been given. Freedom comes not from what you can do phsyically. Freedom comes from doing what your heart and soul always cried out to do and life got in the way. So this stroke blessed me with the courage to do what my soul and heart has always wanted to do. For that I am forever greatful and feel blessed. So yes the stroke has had a very big effect on my life but all for the good.
God Bless Mulchie