View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 09:45 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User
Re: Nissen Fundoplication & Norovirus

I had my Nissen Fundoplication in 2008. For the most part, I'm not able to vomit. I might gag or heave a bit and have a "squishy" stomach with things rolling around a bit when I might have otherwise had vomiting, but no actual vomiting. Typically it goes away on its own or I take Zofran for the nausea.

I have had a severe stomach virus twice since my surgery. Both times, it hit me with such force that I had no problems vomiting. If it is that bad, it finds its way up pretty easily. Neither experience was very pleasant, but vomiting and being sick never is.

My first illness was not all that long after my surgery and I was worried about tearing my stitches. I went to a clinic and they gave me anti-nausea meds. I also went to see my GI doc who reassured me that I wouldn't pull the stitches. I've since had a Barium Swallow which confirmed that everything was still good and intact.

Hope this helps.