View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 05:02 AM   #8
(female)

msucks HB User
Re: Help! I take Tylenol daily and I think my liver hurts. Is it serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooscared23 View Post
Hi there and thanks for your concern! May I ask what landed you in the hospital with such high Tylenol levels? Unfortunately I can not just up and go to the er. I have a terrible cold, and have a two year old with one as well. Especially when I am not even sure my liver is bothering me, and on top of all this, I've actually done nothing to indicate Tylenol overdose. I take Tylenol daily, well I actually Today is day two of no Tylenol, but I don't come close to the 4,000 limit, or 3,000 for chronic users. I'm just trying to figure out how to tell if your liver hurts, or maybe signs that the daily Tylenol was just too much. Maybe of you tell me your story, it could be helpful. Thanks so much!
I was taking too much Tylenol from my pain from endometriosis and a couple of days I just didn't want to get out of bed and it was hard for my son 16 at the time to wake me up....Then I broke into severe hives because I am allergic to nsaids and I think somehow there was one mixed in with my tylenol, anyhow long story short I ended up looking like I was all drugged up so my son rushed me to the ER and they said I was so lucky that my son was there when he was and that he got me there in time because they said that if I wouldn't have got there Like I said ( I only would have had 9 hours to live) Scary Words as you can imagine They said they could tell that my liver was swollen just when they would palpatate by it...How have you been now? How bout a urgent care clinic in your area just for that kind of exam?