View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 07:01 AM   #1
(female)

waitingkaren HB User
Question Spiculated Nodules and so many medical terms

Hello everyone!!

I am new to this board. In early Nov I had a CT scan for another medical issue and a nodule was found. A few days ago I had a second CT scan and the findings mean I get a biopsy next. I have a copy of the report and a CD of the CT scans. They are so very confusing. I have looked up many of the medical terms but still could use some help. I am seeing a multitude of doctors next wed. They have a Lung Cancer screening board where all the team meets at once and will discuss my case then discuss with me. I am in very good hands!

Here are some of the results of the recent CT. (i typed just a few words the report is lengthy)

9x11mm ill-defined and spiculated nodule with surrounding ground glass density (aprox 1mm larger than previous scan) in the superior segment of the right lower lobe. Primary differential consideration is primary lung neoplasm although active fungal disease could have the same appearance. Biopsy should be considered. (air bronchograms extend near the margin of the nodule but definitely do not extend through it)

Limited Non-contrast study but there is equivocal fullness in the right hilar region where adenopathy cannot be excluded. I would favor a 1.4 x 3.1 cm structure in the anterior-superior mediastinum is related to normal residual thymus although adenopathy cannot be excluded. a 8mm lymph node which does not meet the size criteria is seen in the pretracheal region but metastatic disease cannot be excluded.