Thread: Bone pain
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 07:01 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: Bone pain

hiya goldy,
long time since i spoke last with you. i have a few tricks i use. i have an agressive case of sjogrens and fibro. my joints are very much affected by the sjogrens. i have several topical creams and jels for discomfort that i use. bio freeze and sombra work great but make me cold so i have a 20 min. moment in hades till the cold stops then relief for hours. the noxicare cream is great, no smell but it does stain even tho they say it does not. it does. my toilet seat shows it! a strange shade of yellow green. giggle. but it works so i use it. no cold sensations just relief. also pain a trate, it stinks but works great and makes my skin really warm if i put in on fresh out of the shower.
all of them i use like lotions. all over my body. the noxicare is for soft tissue, bone, muscle and tendon pain.
also ask your doc for a referral to be fitted with arthritis warmers at a p.t. office. they make them for ankles, knees, wrists and elbows. they are soft and warm, never can see them under even the tightest jeans.
for myself i have found taking 2mg of prednisone a day does help the aspects of sjogrens to ease off and slow down. i know it is also used for lupus.
i also have a hot tub for the really rough days. in winter it is a sanity saver for sure! even hot baths help. remember, exercise is important. i do make myself take short walks many times a day. our winter is hitting us hard and cold. normal for us. glad your slice of earth is being easy on you.
peace,
blue

Last edited by bluelakelady; 12-07-2012 at 07:02 AM.