View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 12:22 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

LadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB User
Re: Calcaneus fracture

Hi Michelle! You came to the righ forum. There are many people here with a similar injury. I am not one of those people but can tell you a few things.

First I must ask what possessed you to jump off that roof? Daredevil? Sorry that you got hurt.

Second- do you have or have you considered getting a knee walker? They're te best thing since sliced bread!!! They give you so much more mobility than crutches. You could be out hanging with your friends. They can be purchase or rented. In some cases, your health insurance may pay for one. Definitely worth checking into.

In regards to physical therapy, yes it will hurt some but the longer you do it, the easier it will get. Just have to listen to your body. Expect some pain but should the pain become excruciating, back off a bit. It easy to try too much at first.

I'm sure you will get some other responses from people with your injury. Take care and keep asking questions. We will help as much as possible but remember we are not doctors. We just speak from experience.

~Kimberly
January 2013
Subtalar Arthrodesis Revision
Talonavicular Fusion Hardware Removal

December 2013
Screw Removal

The Following User Says Thank You to LadyKanner For This Useful Post:
Chelle96 (12-08-2012)