View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 11:18 AM   #1
(male)

Canucks3 HB User
Hyperpigmentation

Only about 3 months ago I started getting these big pimple- like lesions on my face. I had about 3 or 4 of them so I went to the derm. They were big and white with red around them and they oozed out this clear liquid for days. The derm took some cultures and told me it was just more of an acne thing but it had some bacteria in it or something. I'm 17 years old and I'm
Not known to get bad acne. Just the occasional pimple on the forehead or cheek. My derm put me on benzaclin to apply to the active lesions every night, and minocycline 100mg for morning and night time. This all worked out for me and now the lesions are gone, but I have these really big pink marks on my face from it, and the worst one is right between my eyebrows and its huge. So I went to my derm for a follow up and he put me on adapalene cream 0.1% to apply to the pink marks 3 days a week at bedtime. I've read a lot on adapalene cream and I'm not sure if he took much time and thought into what he prescribed me. I'm crazy self conscious about this and just want my face looking healthy again like it used to be. I've been on the adapalene cream for 2 weeks now, and have had the hyperpigmented areas for over a month now. Please help me out and give me some advice here. I'm losing it. I'm new to this so I don't know if you're able to put pictures on here, but if you can I'd appreciate it if you told me how. Thanks