View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 03:18 PM   #3
(female)

Brandzebub HB User
Re: Cramps for days after an IBS attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by headachejane View Post
Hello to everyone,

I am new to this board, but not new to IBS. I am a 41 year old female, and have had IBS C & D for as long as I can remember. I tend to have C, then suddenly have D right out of nowhere (with EXCRUCIATING pain, I might add).

Anyhow, I was wondering if any of you have cramps for a few days after you have an IBS attack (D). I get sharp cramps that feel like gas right below my ribs, especially after I eat. This usually lasts a few days, then I feel normal again.

Last night, I had one of my "attacks". I woke up at 12:30am with severe, sharp pain under my right rib. It bothered me most of the night. I could hardly walk this morning, it was so sharp. It hurt to breathe! It finally subsided around 8:00am. I know that gall stones can feel the same way. It's so confusing. It's 2:40 this afternoon, and I'm still a little uncomfortable under my ribs.

Do any of you confuse IBS and gallstones?

I don't know what to think.

Thanks,
Jane
Jane, you are NOT alone in this. I have it too. It brought me to my knees in Kmart the other day. And I honestly didn't know what to do. I considered a visit to the ER because I was so much in pain. Immediate crying. It's an unrealistic pain. All I can really think of what it is is just gas pains that you can't do much about. I get them after attacks and they seem to just get worse.
-Brandy