View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 06:58 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User
Re: Dr not helping anymore, something else is wrong & really need help

I am doing....well.....fine, I guess that would be the right phrase. So busy most of the time, I don't know which end is up. My brother was having some serious health issues, but along with it all was some sort of dementia happening. His roommate died a year ago so he is living alone again and he doesn't live real close. We are the only ones in our family left. My daughter and I finally got fed up and I made an appt with his doc and we took him and just tattled on him all over the place. The doc said, "oh my, I wasn't aware of any of this." Of course not, my brother forgot most of his appts. and when he did show up, the doc would say how are you and he would say I'm fine and that would be that. The doc went into action and we found out what was causing most of the problem. He was given some meds and his dementia, confusion, sleepiness and tremor have disappeared. Of course he doesn't remember much of those really bad months. But I do and they were not fun, still have him to worry about and take care of.
The good news however is our daughter had her first baby Nov. 20th. with an emergency Csection. They tried inducing and it didn't work. She had the tiniest little girl, she is so precious. They thought it wasn't going to happen and now she has a little girl, what she always wanted. And she is the first granddaughter....we have 3 grandsons from our son and daughter in law. They are 10, 4, and 8mo. and yes, they keep me busy also.
So now you have the whole busy story. I just seem to run and run and run all the time. I have just a portion of my Christmas decorations up and only half of the shopping done. We all decided to buy for only the kids this year, there is way too much going on. Tomorrow I have two docs appt.s one for me and one for my hubby. One for him on Tue. and two docs appt.s Wed. one for me and one for him for shots in both his knees. They are scattered all different places in the county so I'll be driving a lot. Thurs evening is a condo open meeting and I am on the condo board. Gave up the presidency last Feb. thank goodness. And Fri. is possible babysitting with the 8mo. old depending on how their morning lines up. Do you see why I haven't been here. Oh and I forgot I had acute sinusitis and acute bronchitis all of Oct. and part of Nov. and took three different rounds of antibiotics and massive quantities of prednisone. Are you sorry you asked....giggle. Yes, the fibro and pain and all of it is kicking up all the time, but I don't have time for it right now.
I miss everyone here too. I just can't seem to get a lot of time on the computer anymore. I'm seeing my endo tomorrow and I did get to do a little research, hope I can come on here afterwards and give you some hope, that docs do listen to us and what we have to say about our own bodies.
Keep a positive attitude Tori, I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Glojer