Thread: confused
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 03:38 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Mulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB User
Re: confused

Welcome my dear friend to our stroke survior family. We are so glad you found us. Dont worry about your typing or mistakes or being confused because we ALL understand. Your doing quite well by the looks of your post.
I was so impressed when reading about your life. I feel humbled when ever I meet or read a story about someone with the guts and determination of those who join the miltary and navy. Your life sounds to be extrodinary and I would love to hear more.
Its so good that you have your darlin wife as a caregiver. Even though we have had the stroke it is hard also on those who love us and watch over us and care for us. We admire those with unconditional love and give of their hearts.
Your stroke my friends has not been that long ago. An MRI would definetly clear up things however it really doesnt change what your feeling and how your doing. My stroke was on the right side also and after 2 1/2 years I am doing amazingly well.
After we have a stroke our brain swells and many times as we start our recovery we may be experiencing some effects of the swelling. When the swelling goes down you will find some symptoms leave. However in recovery there will be days where you feel like you are going 2 steps forward and 3 back. Dont give up and dont listen to any doctors who say if its not better in 3 months it wont get better. That is just not true and it makes me angry when they distroy peoples hope for further recovery. After reading your post I know you have stamina and determination, courage and strength. All the ingredients needed to master a great recovery. You will recover how much we dont know but you will improve. Keep pushing forward. I went from wheel chair to walker to cane. At first I couldnt even lift my foot up off the floor. But not a problem now.
If you feel exhaustion that is a common thread with stroke as you will come to realize after reading many of the posts here. No two strokes are alike and no two recoveries are alike however in saying that there are some common threads.
Be kind to yourself, rest because it allows your body to heal. Keep things like P/B and diet under control if you can. I realize the stroke is only one of the medical issues your dealing with. Please continue to post and let us know how your doing. Questions and concerns your having and share any of your success also.
God Bless Mulchie
What type of symptoms are you having from stroke?