Thread: Atenol
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 11:33 PM   #19
(male)

Boy252 HB User
Re: Atenol

Hello everyone. I just thought i fill everyone in on my progress so far. I am now off the Atenolol for close to 2 months and i can say that i may have finally gotten rid of the side effects in general. I still have a bit of speech difficulty on and off which is a side effect of this drug however all other issues have gone. I am now in control of my BP and my average numbers have gone down to 125/80 with rare spikes up to 140/90 when i am angry or mentally stressed but this comes down within a few minutes of resting, and sometimes in the morning i get as low as 118/75. My resting heart rate is now 56 average however it does climb to the low 80's after a heavy meal. Here is what i have done. I used to weigh 151kg. Even considering a height of 6ft 3 inchs it simply was too much. Over the last 2 months i have lost about 10 kg. I now plan to loose about 20 kg next year and another 20kg the following year essentially getting to about 100kg before my 42nd birthday. I am loosing weight the right way by healthy eating and exercise. I walk vigorously for up to 1hr a day and climb up as many hills as i can find as many times as i can. I am taking no medication or supplements except 1200mg of Fish Oil a day. I try and keep myself busy and active all day although i run a fairly large company and my job is usually behind the desk i now even join the boys when emptying shipping containers as this helps me sweat and that gets rid of a lot of salt from the body. I have not become obsessive about salt but i keep a close eye on it and have simply started avoiding things like takeaway Chinese food, fast food and anything that comes out of a packet or Tin. I also drink a couple of glasses of red wine everyday and a lot of water and light red tea as this helps me stay calm. I stopped caffeinated coffee and smoking 4 months ago. When i want a coffee i opt for decaff. I believe i can control my BP like this for a long time and will not need drugs as i feel much much better and healthier then before. I am writing this so that any one reading this can see that their is light at the end of the tunnel if you are willing to work for it. Making changes in your lifestyle can help one avoid drugs like Atenolol and for those who have been on this drug and have stopped let me say that whatever you are going through will pass and their are better days ahead. Lifestyle changes while initially hard become a way of life in a few short weeks and the good thing is that making these changes to control BP also helps you avoid so many other lifestyle diseases. I hope some one can learn from my experience and make changes in their life for the better. We all have loved ones and we owe it to them to keep ourselves healthy. Good Luck all and thank you for all your support.