View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 03:09 PM   #1
(male)

markpark HB User
stabbing pain right side stomach below belly button

I have been getting this very unpleasant stomach pain that feels like someone is sticking a knife or stanley knife in my stomach very quickly, the whole thing only lasts seconds maybe 10 to 20 seconds, the longest it lasted ever was about 20 minutes.

It comes in waves, but because the pain is very intense it really scares me. I have been to see several doctors about this and as usual they are no help whatsover and just pass it off as IBS.

Now i know that IBS doesnt cause pains like this. It is also does not follow a pattern as I can have nothing for months and then get it quite regulary for a week of so on and off, I usually get it once of twice at a time and taking nurofen seems to relief it.

I started doing some yoga today for the first time and was pressing down on my stomach in some of the movements and this seemed to trigger it off.

I have noticed that i keep my movements limited as i feel that overstretching or fast movements bring in on sometimes, so if i drop something i bend my knees and keep straight rather than bend and stretch.

I asked the doctor if this could be muscular but was told that there are not muscles in the lower right part of the stomach below the bottom the belly button, it is on my right side.

Is this true - could it be a pulled muscle or trapped nerve.

Any help would be appreciated as it is ruining my quality of life

Thanks Mark