Thread: Laxative abuse
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 08:54 PM   #1
(female)

icmHalpless HB User
Unhappy Laxative abuse

Hi Laxative abuse recovery thread.

I've been reading and am increasingly becoming more concerned with my personal issue. I suffered really badly from constipation during both my pregnancies. With my first I was able to cope with eating prunes in warm water. But with my second pregnancy, I became so ill, that I started taking laxatives to cope. This was 11 years ago.

Over the years, I've tried to go off, but the absolute fear of being sick due to constipation exceeds far more than being dependent on the pills. I take 4 a day, sometimes 5 pills. I know what I'm doing is not good and realise that my body (and weight) is now starting to take it's toll on the dependency. I recently visited a naturopath and I'm trying to take the steps to stop - but I'm really concerned that some of this issues could also be psychological. I've been told be the naturopath that my liver is not filtering properly which could be the cause to my weight gain.

My question: What can I take as an alternative to keep my tummy working and not rely on these toxic pills anymore?

Last edited by Phoenix; 12-14-2012 at 04:42 AM.

The following user gives a hug of support to icmHalpless:
Phoenix (12-14-2012)