View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 06:11 PM   #1
(female)

wnorm HB User
Unhappy Uterine thickening at 60

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am a 60 year old woman (in menopause for 5 years). I just had an ultrasound for something ungynecological. The radiologist found a 8mm thickeningof the endometrium. He did not see any malignancy on the ultrasound. I had been using estrogen cream periodically for vaginal atrophy which is common in post-menopausal women. I never took oral hormones. I only used small amounts of the cream once in a while.Last week, I had some spontaneous bleeding. Also I.ve been having some pelvic pain/discomfort lately, as well as bloating. I had a negative pap test in June. I have collagenous colitis, so I usually attribute any pain in my abdomen and pelvic area to IBD.
About 10 years ago , I had a ruptured ovarian cyst and had one ovary taken out.
The radiologist advised me to see my gynecologist soon. I brought the report to my gynecologist's group office. The other doctor who works there told me to wait until my doctor comes back. I have an appointment for a biopsy with my gynecologist mid-January, when he is back from vacation.

Should I worry? Do you think that I probably will have to get a hysterectomy?