View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 04:57 AM   #127
(female)

Janet20 HB UserJanet20 HB UserJanet20 HB UserJanet20 HB UserJanet20 HB UserJanet20 HB User
re: going through the basal joint surgery process - my story

Gingertea,
I'm overworking my hands right now with my two daughters coming for Christmas with 3 of my grandkids. My right hand is sore and not 100% but I'm using it. I do still have some stiffness and pain but it's manageable. I haven't golfed yet. My husband goes out in 40 deg. weather but not me. We go to Fla. for 2 months so hopefully I'll be out there too. It's been almost 2yr. However, my left hand has progressed quickly and is really bad right now. I'm just biting the bullet to get through the holidays. I'll have the surgery on that hand next Fall. I go to my last appt in January and asking for cortisone in that hand.
Sounds like your grandkids are growing. It's wonderful right? My Alaska granddaughter, 4 will be here in two hours. The others come on Sunday. Our newest one, will arrive after the holidays.
Enjoy the holiday and glad to hear you're working out. I need to join a gym. I've been bad about working out. I haven't tried to lift weights. Take care and keep in touch.

Cassie, we've all been there and we're here for you. Hang in there.

Janet