View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 08:44 PM   #3
(female)

yrsofpainsucks HB Useryrsofpainsucks HB Useryrsofpainsucks HB User
Re: sleep trauma after my assault

First I want to tell you that I am so sorry that this happened to you. This was a disgusting person that deserves to be in jail. I wish you were here for me to hug. I was raped by someone I trusted and it caused me PTSD. I told no one for months. I had horrible vivid dreams about the assult. I wont go into the entire thing but I was forced to tell. I was so mad back then but now I see it was the first step into my healing. I cannot tell you what to do but I do suggest you tell someone. I know that you are embarassed, confused, mad, humiliated etc. But he will do this to someone else if he isnt stopped. The person that did this act to me had done it to 2 girls before and one after, each time more violent.

Now for your healing which is easier said than done. First as I said going to authorities. I would reccomend seeking the help of a qualified professional and maybe support groups. I am a very private person when it comes to my deep feelings and wouldnt get help for the longest time. It slowly ate away at the person I was and I hated life. It took years away from my life that it shouldnt have. after I finally got help to process this and heal I finally began to enjoy life again. I do not use the words get over it. You dont. You learn the skills on how to cope, process and get past this.

You are not alone in this. you did not ask for this and it isnt your fault. This guy is a disgusting person and I am soo sorry.

Last edited by Administrator; 12-16-2012 at 12:29 AM.