Thread: ADD or ADHD
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 03:15 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Thunor HB UserThunor HB UserThunor HB UserThunor HB UserThunor HB UserThunor HB UserThunor HB UserThunor HB UserThunor HB UserThunor HB User
Re: ADD or ADHD

I don't think anyone here is in any way qualified to diagnose you. I believe from your description that you need to seek professional help as soon as possible. Start with any professional that can help you, including teachers or school counsellors. You need to be open and honest with them about your history of being abused, and about turning that abuse on others. There may be consequences for bringing this issue to light, but they will be far less severe than the consequences you will face for the rest of your life if you do not.

The psychological and emotional consequences of (physical, psychological, and/or emotional) abuse are extreme, and can mimic the symptoms of ADHD. I feel at this point that whether or not you have ADHD, you have much more serious issues to deal with first. I believe you would be poorly served by treatment for ADHD symptoms, as treatment may mask the pletora of potential underlying issues for which you will need to be treated.

You may try posting your history to the "Abuse Support" board here at healthboards; there may be some there with more experience with this sort of thing.

I can't stress this strongly enough. Get help from a professional.