View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 03:35 PM   #8
(female)

kate502 HB User
Re: Recovery time for open heart surgery

Thanks Vyking! Haha...I've actually been asking myself in the last couple of days if I will ever get better and you've just answered my question. It sure brighten up my day.

I was already feeling depressed before the surgery because my cardiologist told me that I could perform the procedure instead of the surgery. When I came to see the surgeon, I was told that a surgery is a must sine the whole is quite big (2.6cmx2.8cm) and it was so closed to the valves. I then went to see the heart surgery surgeon. He told me that he will perform the a small incision on the right side under my ampit. After I woke up from the surgery, the incision was in the center of my chest. It was quite depressing. But as long as I can fully recover from the heart surgery, I do not care too much about the scar. And yes, there are times when I feel depressed and moody, especially when I home home all by myself or during bad weather days. Thus, sometimes i feel a little bit improvements while other times, i feel like i am getting worse. I hope this is normal. I also feel that people don't understand what we need to go through. My manager keeps telling me that I should be fully recovered in one or two months. I am an accountant. I work at least 8 hours a day. I feel like I've been working too hard all these year and haven't spend a quality time with my family and husband. My husband and I are married for two years. Gosh, I can't wait to get better to plan family trips!!

Vyking, I've read many of your posts even before my post. Thank you so much for giving good advices to people like me!!! appreciated your help.

The Following User Says Thank You to kate502 For This Useful Post:
Vyking (12-18-2012)