View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 01:39 AM   #2
(female)

luvinmusiq HB Userluvinmusiq HB Userluvinmusiq HB Userluvinmusiq HB Userluvinmusiq HB Userluvinmusiq HB Userluvinmusiq HB User
Re: Just Diagnosed, Looking for People Who Understand

Hello and Welcome!!! You have come to the right place for people who can relate to what you are going through. I am a patient of fibro as well as other illnesses. I am sorry to hear that you are not doing the best. I know how bad that pain can get in the beginning. Your doctor is going to try to prescribe the best medicine for your case of fibro. Just like any other disease, not everyone fibro has the exact symptoms. So when taking this meds the best thing to do is keep a pain journal so that you can monitor how well the medicine is working. I know with me there were a few different meds that the doctor tried before really finding one that helps. There is a lot of meds that trest fibro including anti-depressants. I know it is frustrating but things will get better as long as your doctor keep trying to help. Also have you tried different topical creams? I would ask the doctor about it. I have been on cymbalta before. It just wasn't a good match for my body. That doesn't mean that it wont work well for you. Give it a try. Also, I know the pain really gets bad but if at all possible, you should try to do exercises because it really does help. That way your body is still active. There will be times where you can't do anything and need to rest. Being depressed when first getting diagnosed with fibro is very very normal. Since you just started taking the Cymbalta I would give it a week or two and see if you feel a difference. If not, you should call your doctor and let them know. Hope this works and you start feeling better soon. Keep us informed.
Pancreatic Stent
Osteoarthritis
Stroke
Leukopenia
Migraines
Power Port implant 2010
Total Right Hip Replacement

The Following User Says Thank You to luvinmusiq For This Useful Post:
JensterPenster (12-22-2012)