View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 05:33 PM   #1
(male)

ncguy26 HB User
I pray I will not become addicted to Ativan.

So I am just going to be honest and get it all out there I have struggled with alcohol for a long time and get myself into some bad situations with binges. The most recent was last week it started on a Saturday and went to the next Saturday it was approx. 24 beers a day starting in the am. I tried to stop the following Sunday and started having HORRIBLE withdraws. I have been through this before and went to the ER where they have given me Ativan to get off the booze but never like this. The ER nurse at a well respected hospital prescribed 30 Lorazepam 1MG. It says take 2 Tablets every 8 hours as needed. The first two days I did just that which came out to be 6 MG of Ativan throughout the day the first two days. The third day throught the day I only had 3MG. I am now on the forth day and will end up taking 2.5 MG. I am taking the VERY bare minimum because of being afraid of being addicted if I was able to take a little more and know that it would be ok would really help. Im not saying more then the 6MG throughout the day the doc said that terrifies me I mean about 3-4MG per day for the next two or three days. All that I have read about this medication is horrible and im afraid that if i take all 30 of these 1MG tabs in a five-six day period I will be addicted. I may just be over reacting but honestly just trying to make sure I have a good Christmas with my family and not add another problem any advice or questions feel free to ask. Thank you for your time!!

The following user gives a hug of support to ncguy26:
Phoenix (12-20-2012)