View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 09:10 AM   #1
(female)

cryssyd3 HB User
<0.5 Ferritin levels. is that even possible?

I'm a new member and this is my first post so please bare with me
I am a 28 year old WORRIED female. I went to the doctor last week to establish care with a new primary doctor ( I haven't seen one in years) She did some blood work on me and said theyd call if there was any problems. well the nurse called me a few days later saying the doctor wants me to see a hemotolgist. My lab work came back and (from what I can see) everything is within range except my platelets were high at 445 ( reference value 143-394 10E3/uL) lymphocytes slightly raised at 47 (reference value 17-46%) BUN/Creatinine ratio slightly low at 10.0 (11-19 ratio) BUT most scary is that my ferritin level came back <0.5 ( reference value 10-291 ng/mL)

I am very concerned and confused as to what this means. my iron level came back within range which confuses me even more.
I have had symptoms such as constant fatigue, irritability, headaches, dizziness, and most recently had to get my eyes checked and was giving low prescription lenses. I didn't think these symptoms were really a sign of any problem until I saw these lab results and just chalked it up to being a tired single mother of 3 rambunctious girls.
if anyone can shed some light onto what the heck is going on it'd be greatly appreciated. I see the hemotologist on Monday (Christmas eve, yay) but I'm giving myself such anxiety over this.
thank you very much!