View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 06:28 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: Help I can't stop!

Hello Victoriap9 and welcome back.

Try not to get too down on yourself.
Recovery is a process.It encompasses the good,the bad and those "in between" moments.
Might I suggest getting a physical;to make sure your body is being adequately supplied with the necessary vitamins and minerals.
Two of the the most prominent sayings in AA are: "bring the body;the mind will follow" and "it works if you work it,so work it,you're worth it.
AA has worked for many.Look at it as an investment in your quality of living.You get out of it what you put into it.
Give it some time to enter your thoughts.
It's not about comparing but it's about the group consciousness.
Once one has surrendered;truly surrendered to alcohol,the enormous grip of addiction lessens in its intensity.
People share at meetings,in the hopes of helping themselves,which in turns helps another fellow member.

Please note that not all meetings will carry enlightening moments.The thing to remember in times like this is why you are there;to do away with the insanity,that alone couldn't be accomplished.
Seeking help is one of the most responsible things you can do.
I pray that you give AA a little time to work for you and in you.Take the time to see if the miracle will happen.

Respectful wishes
Phoenix

The following user gives a hug of support to Phoenix:
Victoriap9 (12-26-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to Phoenix For This Useful Post:
Victoriap9 (12-26-2012)