View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 08:39 PM   #5
(female)

cryssyd3 HB User
Unhappy Re: Venofer IV infusions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huttotom View Post
I started mine Nov. 2 and still have 6 more to go. The first one I had a little muscle soreness and upset stomach. Since then I have been fine. Before the infusion they give me Tylenol and once IV is started I get Benadryl and steroids in the IV. I only have one good vein so that is starting to get old. I hope they get you in pretty quick, when my dr discovered how low my ferritin once he had me start infusion the next day. I was low and after six infusions I had not felt any relief. I wish your dr would let you go twice a week. After 12 infusions my energy level is maybe 50%. I am really glad my dr has taken such great care of me. Have they figured out why you're anemic? I am having a hysterectomy 12/26 so i should be good from here on out. I hope that you start feeling better soon.

how low was your ferritin before you started infusions?
my doctor told me on Monday that they'd need to submit everything to insurance first and because of Christmas it would take a few days longer to get an approval. honestly, I would've started the infusions that same day if I could've. I just want to feel better already