View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 09:59 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Snowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB User
Re: 5 Weeks Post Peroneal Tendon Transfer

I remember when you told me this a bit ago and I love love love this advice. I try to remember it every day. I start on the scooter every day and work to two crutches. But I'm still going back to the scooter during the day quite a bit. I use the crutches more at home but when I'm teaching, it's really infeasable... I'm on my feet so much I would wither in a half hour. I'm hoping when winter break is over (we go back the 8th) I will be more ready to use the crutches more... but my classroom is in the farthest corner of the building and while I can park nearby... getting my students to their specials classes (art, pe, etc) or going to the office, definitely is a long hike and there's no way I can make that yet without the knee scooter... sheesh!

And yes! The new year will bring great things!

Brostrom ligament reconstruction (success), joint debridment, perineal tendon tear repair (fail): 3/22/12