View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 11:49 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
Re: Body and head shake/twitch like symptom

Hi...when one mixes anxiety/depression/mood disorders with alcohol/drugs, there's never a happy medium. It's not willpower....it's being able to maintain control while everyone else isn't.

You seem to be on a path of improvement, if you can limit how much you drink then that's a good thing for you the day after. One doesn't have to get totally smashed to enjoy the event.
But if you make the decision to overindulge, you'll probably feel like crap the next day or so. It's a decision one makes at the start.

It's new year's eve, the world didn't end...I'm happy to see the year done with, and I'm sure I'll eat too much and feel like crap the next day. I'm supposed to get my butt in gear and start exercising and eat a bit better than I do....I have more excuses than reasons...ultimately, I haven't made the decision to do it. I know it would make me happier and hopefully healthier.

Enjoy your celebration. Try to keep your brain engaged and don't totally throw caution to the wind and make bad decisions while drunk.

q

Last edited by quincy; 12-27-2012 at 11:54 PM.