View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 02:34 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

missyou009 HB User
Re: Officially diagnosed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
It's what is called a "rescue" inhaler for taking when you have an attack or flare (which you are having) or for premedicating before cardio for asthmatics. It is not to be taken in that manner indefinitely. If it is needed that often - after the flare or attack - it means the asthma is not under control. It raises your blood pressure and heart rate. So, once you get over this hurdle, find a doctor who is qualified to treat asthma and get proper evaluation and treatment. Seriously, I've had asthma for almost 2 decades. this if your life we are talking about. You need to be on proper meds if you actually have asthma. It is not curable; you will have it for the rest of your life.
I actually don't think that Xopenex has those side effects (it's not supposed to)...but of course, that's not the point

I'm pretty much sure it's asthma since my doctors have been throwing that around as a possibility for about the last 5 years, and I've been put on albuterol by 2 or 3 different MDs because of that, and it's always helped.