View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 10:46 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User
Re: Should I tape or cold turkey?

Hi Rosebuddy

Hope all is going well in your efforts to get off the Oxy. I also got off of Oxycodone, although I did it by taper. I will say that the taper you had posted was a pretty fast one, and one that probably would have had withdrawal equal to cold turkey.

If you have made the decision for yourself to go cold turkey and feel strong enough to do it, then I am 100% behind you. We all have to come up with a plan that feels right for us as an individual.

Use all the tools that others have used here on the board and those you have from experience. It really helped me to remind myself often that detox is merely a process with a beginning and an end. The crummy symptoms we go through as we detox? All symptoms of healing and restoring the body and organs and systems that make us tick. Each one we endure is bring us closer to the end of the process.

Good luck to you! You can do it and when the going gets tough, post it out and let us bear it with you.

Hugs
reach

The Following User Says Thank You to reachout For This Useful Post:
rosebuddy (12-30-2012)