Thread: New Guy Here
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 10:27 PM   #1
(male)

Slider34 HB User
New Guy Here

Hello all, I really don't know where to begin so I guess I'll just put it out there. I am 33 years old and have been diagnosed with end stage liver disease. I am trying to stay positive but at the same time I am realistic about this. My mother died from this and I see the outcome being the same for me. Everything she went through is now beginning for me. Sleeping all the time, no energy, not eating, confusion, jaundice and mood swings. I guess another reason is that my doctors have no clue how or why. I mean the look of bewilderment on one doctor's face was not inspiring. He has referred me to a "world renowned" hepatologist in NY about treatment so I feel somewhat better. It's been a whirlwind of emotions with my family and although I love them, I can't talk to them about the possibility of me dying. I am gradually beginning to accept it but they won't discuss it with me. I chalk it up to shock. I don't know guys, am I being overly pessimistic? How do I tell my kids that I'm sick and may not be there for them? Thanks for reading, it felt good to vent a little.