View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 05:45 PM   #22
Inactive
(male)

pebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB User
Re: MRI thoracic/cervical region HELP

LG:

First of all wishing you a Happy & Healthy New Year.

Secondly you mentioned a "Tesla" Scan. I looked at my MRI Film and it stated the following:

TECHNIQUE: Multiplaner MR imaging was performed with 1.5 TESLA.

I assume that is what you were referring to in your post.

So if I am correct I am in the newer machine which should have been able to handle doing an MRI on me because of the harrington rods. There was still some difficulty in getting complete readings on me because of the hardware. And also I had an MRI of the lumbar spine I think it was last year as well. I also have Harrington Rods in the lumbar spine and in that area they were still unable to get readings because of the Hardware. They could NOT read anything of the lumbar spine because of the harrington Rods. I am not sure if it was using the tesla last year or not.

But it appears that it was used this time and still had issues. At least to some degree.

When I see my pain doctor I think we should discuss my MRI from a pain point of view, but I also want to see my neurosurgeon as well who I have been using for 6 or 7 years or so.

But I have been thinking maybe I should have another neurosurgeon look at me for another opinion. The problem is who do I see. some doctors at this point in time wont even see me because of prior history. I need to get my foot in the door for just another set of eyes.

Maybe my pain doctor will have some input on who to see and what direction to go .

I have the pain pump done on 1/11/13, less then 2 weeks away. I am more then ready for it since I have had some bad days recently.