View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 05:09 PM   #130
Veteran
(female)

Haydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB UserHaydena HB User
Re: going through the basal joint surgery process - my story

Hi Ladies,

I have been away but missed all posts from # 188 as I was not notified & did not receive them until now.Very weird!

Cassie, I hope your healing is progressing well & I am pleased your surgery is over. How are you managing with you little boy?

I am due to see my surgeon on Sunday & I guess he will tell me when I will be having my right hand ''fixed'' I dont want to stay in hospital overnight & will ask for a nerve block. In May 2011 when I had my left hand operated he wanted me to stay overnight in hospital so he could give me morphine for the pain. It sure did help. When I returned home the next day I started using a very strong pain killer every 4 hours in the form of drops, which helped. I dont know if you can buy this in the US. Ice packs were the main help for me & of course raising my arm to above my heart all the time, even whilst asleep.

Now that the celebrations are over, Janet try hard to rest your hands.
I wish you all a very happy, healthy & peaceful new year.

Hugs to you all,
Haydena.

Last edited by Haydena; 01-01-2013 at 05:11 PM.