View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 08:51 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User
Re: I'm obsessively suspicious of my fiance

My first reaction is why you would be engaged to a man you have only known for four months?

With your background, I would expect you would take all the time in the world to get to know someone inside and out before any kind of commitment.

I just got married myself, after 10 years of courtship. What's the hurry? Allow yourself to learn the answers yourself, rather than guess yourself into the crazy house.

He does sound suspicious, with or without any history. Use your gut to help you along. My first bit of advice would be to break the engagement and get to know him much better. My experience with quick engagements is quick disappointments.

You also might spend some time on yourself, because as with any obsession, that alone can be enough to ruin any good relationship. Time to devote enough time to yourself to learn how to live with your past, therapy could be excellent for you.

Be well..