View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 02:42 PM   #1
(male)

EhLee HB User
Constant fatigue... I've had it.

Hey everyone..! Before I start complaining let me just wish you all a happy new year!
I'm a 22 year old male.. And I'm really lacking in energy. I'm tired, unmotivated and I don't know what's wrong with me. At night it takes me a while to fall asleep.. And when I do it's usually very light. I tend to wake up multiple times at night, and I'm becoming more and more sensitive to noises in my sleep. I always try to sleep for like 12 hours, even then I'm still tired. Since I'm at uni, i usually get like 8-9 hours of sleep a day, and that's just the limit. I see my friends running on 6-7 hours of sleep like balls of energy. My heart beats a bit faster than normal.. specially when i eat etc.. Any effort I make feels like a lot.

On the 21st of august I did a blood test and my free T4 levels were slightly above normal: 1.98 ng/dl (normal range: 0.93 - 1.7 ng/dl).
Whilst my T4 level and my TSH levels seemed to be within the normal range.
T3: 1.74 ng/ml (normal range: 0.8 - 2.0 ng/ml)
us TSH: 181 micIU/Ml (normal range: 0.27 - 4.2 micIU/ml)
Other than that.. My iron level were a bit high 1.78 mg/L (normal range for males: 0.45 - 1.6 mg/l)

Oh and recently i've been getting this feeling in my hands.. like they wanna tremble but they don't.. and sometimes they do a little.. It feels like it's coming from fatigue. I'm often spaced out and have a hard time concentrating (I should probably mention that I'm now living and I'm required to speak a foreign language 24/7)

What should I do? is it my thyroid? are my symptoms normal for the excess of T4 that I have? Should I go see a doctor?

Please help.. I have exams, and an internship soon and all i want is just to have enough energy to go on with my life!

Last edited by EhLee; 01-06-2013 at 02:50 PM. Reason: had forgotten some details