View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 10:26 PM   #1
(female)

PinkCurls HB User
After the transfusion...

First off hello from a newbie!

So, I was in the hospital this weekend for a transfusion. My hemoglobin was 3.7 and my hematocrit was 15 point something. I hadn't felt "good" in months, but to be honest, I didn't feel in danger of falling out and was still working, cooking, and functioning okay, so maybe that's why it didn't feel as serious as it was. They kept pressing me at the hospital that I was really, really sick and my body had just adjusted. So I got 3 bags of blood and a bag of iron and was able to get out of there. And I can't lie, I feel great. I keep looking at my palms because I can't remember them ever being so pink unless I've burned myself. Also, I was only released yesterday and my nails (which were peeling in sheets) are already starting to heal. I am truly amazed.

However, they were pretty alarmist and have scared the crap out of me. One doctor said it's not a question of if I'm bleeding but where. So now I'm freaking out at the mere thought that I'm randomly bleeding from somewhere. They ruled out kidneys and bleeding from the brain (whew!), but I haven't gotten any of my other test results.

So my questions are 1. Is it really as bad as they say? and 2. If so, does anyone know around how long it is probably going to take to get some sort of answers as to where I'm bleeding from?

Maybe I'm being impatient, but I hate not knowing.