View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 09:05 AM   #1
(female)

Vee1983 HB User
Recurrent Corneal Erosion

Late November 2012, I got a paper-cut in my cornea. It was pretty bad...the paper was kinda thick. The doctor put me on antibiotic drops followed by Prednisolone. I'm a steroid responder so the Prednisolone drops elevated my eye pressure. I had to also use Refresh drops because my eyes became a bit dry. I thought I was doing fine. The doctor saw through the slit-lamp that the abrasion had healed. After a month, I woke up to a minor RCE. A week after that (last week Saturday to be precise), I got a bad RCE that caused swelling all over again. Now I'm back on the antibiotic drops and Muro 128 drops + ointment.

Seriously, does anyone recover in the long-term from this by just lubricating the eye? It is said that the epithelial layer requires about a year to thicken so one can live an RCE-free life...but how come I can't find success stories online of people who overcame the condition by just lubricating? For some people, they go fine without an RCE for years, and then it strikes again! Why??!!!!

Thanks to everyone for posting their experiences. I keep learning more about RCE every day to keep coping with this nightmare.

Last edited by Vee1983; 01-07-2013 at 09:07 AM. Reason: typo