View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 12:41 PM   #10
(male)

RednessSorenes HB User
Re: Complications after anal wart removal? Scar tissue in particular.

So, I have been reading the thread on HPV and anal warts here and wanted to post a reply on my experience and hoping to get some help.

It has been almost 3 years since I was first diagnosed with anal warts and almost 2 years (May '11) since my surgery and I am still having complications. I totally feel for you guys that are getting reoccurring anal fissures from sex and I have had that numerous times. It leads to painful sex, avoiding sex and intimacy and extreme pain having bowl movements.

I have discovered that is I stay on certain routines that I can prevent this and I am not sure if this will help any of you but wanted to share my experience.

First of all anytime I have a bowel movement I make sure I clean the area extremely well with moist toilet wipes, yes it is a nuisance to have to constantly have them handy, but better than the pain and soreness. I have also, cut back on my alcohol and caffeine intake (since these dehydrate you) and increased my water consumption. Also, after several complaints to my doctor about the issue, has prescribed me a "Clotrimazole and Betamethasone Diprpionate Cream ESP" in which I use after I have showered and dried off and then again before bed. I have had a lot less experience with anal fissures, pain in anal sex and the redness and soreness. (this cream is labels as "Each Gram Contains: mg clotrimazole USP and 0.64 mg betamethasone diproionate, USP (equivalent to 0.5 mg betamethasone) in a hydrophilic emollient cream.

I know that Clotrimazole is an anti fungal cream and Betamethasone is an anti-inflammatory cream and in the United States and Canada, betamethasone is mixed with clotrimazole and sold as Lotrisone and Lotriderm (can not say that these work since they are also needed with your doctor's prescription) but in my position the "Clotrimazole and Betamethasone Diprpionate Cream ESP" has been a savior for me..

I know this sounds like it a lot of work, but I have talked to my partner and he knows what I have been and am going through and is fully supportive. Even to the extent that if we are going out for a full day or even a weekend he will ask, in a loving fashion "have you packed your toothbrush, wipes and cream?" He knows it means a lot to me that I can be open with him about it and that I am apt to follow the routine.

I would love to, and am continuing to see doctors, to find a permanent fix (if there is one) but if anyone has any suggestions or recommendations to add I would be willing to hear your thought and try them.

Hope to hear feedback and that maybe this information helps some you you guys.

The Following User Says Thank You to RednessSorenes For This Useful Post:
PJ26 (01-17-2013)