View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 07:57 AM   #31
Inactive
(male)

pebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB Userpebblebeach3 HB User
Re: MRI thoracic/cervical region HELP

gmak:

It is January 8th and surgery is on the 11th.

First I decided to see my Neurosurgeon at the end of the month to review the MRI results. I want his opinion as well as the pain management doctors opinion.

Second I am somewhat frustrated.
When I went to have the trial done there was a whole big mess up, there was a problem in that my doctors office didnt get the authorization to have me admitted after the procedure. They had me set up as outpatient and they wouldnt do the surgery until the proper authorization was recieved. It took 4 hours on the day of the trial to get it cleared up.

then yesterday I get a letter from one of the divisisons of my health carrier saying that request for the surgery was being denying. The surgery was not approved. I got 4 separate letters each with a different code number and saying there wasnt documentation that i needed to have the surgery.

I furst called the insurance company who in turn called the doctors office. I was eventually told that the doctors office had to clear up the problem.

So I called the doctors office and spoke to someone saying that the department that denied the surgery was NOT to be involved in the approval. the woman at the doctors office thus gave me the name and authorization number that she was given approving the surgery. the dept that denied me "supposedly" gives precerts for things like MRI's. I was told that they are not to be involved.

I just pray that when I get their on Friday that I am not hit with something else that I wasnt told. And that the doctors office is right. They were the ones that messed up during the trial.

This has me frustrated to say the least.

If I do have it done I am scheduled to stay over 1 night. Normally I would have been discharged the same day but with my other health issues he felt it best keep me over night.

more later.