View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 08:46 AM   #1
(female)

Lynda666 HB User
New to forum. Lumbar and cervical spine problems

Hi. My name is Lynda and this is the first time I have posted on any health forum. I had low back pain and pain in my legs for years. 11 years ago I had an MRI and the results were. L5 pars defect with spondylolithesis with 3mm slippage. Life carried on and 2 years ago I started to get severe pain and numbness with pins and needles in both legs travelling right down my legs to my toes. I was also having pain in my neck and arms. After many months of visiting my GP I finally had an MRI in June. For some reason they only scanned my lumbar spine. The results were. There is a grade 11 anterolisthesis of L5 on S1 by 7mm with modic type 11 degenerative end plate change and severe disc height loss L5-S1. There is a small disc bulg and disc degeneration T11-12 with out nerve root compromise. Conus terminates normally at L1. L1-2, L2-3 and L3-4 there is no evidence of nerve root compromise. L4-5 there is a central disk protrusion with annular tear, without nerve root compromise L5-S1 anterolisthesis with bilateral L5 pars defect and uncovering of the disk results in severe neural foraminal stenosis compressing the L5 nerve roots left more than right Impression L5 spondylolysis bilaterally with L5-S1 grade 2 anterolisthesis and advanced degenerative disc disease causing bilateral neutral foraminal stenosis compressing the L5 nerve roots left more than right. Since having this MRI in June my arms and hands have severely deteriorated with numbness, pins and needles in both arms and all my fingers, my thumbs being the worse and not being hardly able to use them. My legs have also deteriorated and feel like they don't want to work resulting in 2 recent falls. I have seen my consultant about this and have now just had yet another MRI on my C spine. I get the results on the 22 January and I'm dreading it. I'm not even 50 yet and feel like my life is in the scrap heap. I've had to give up my job as I can't physically do it anymore. Applied for disability and got turned down. I would like to hear from anyone in a similar situation