View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 09:11 AM   #1
(female)

Tammy3234 HB User
Exclamation New meds to try... Anyone ever heard of this one???

HI! Hope everyone is well and enjoying your New Year! I am having surgery to fuse my neck. The areas are C4-5, C5-6 and C6-7. The pain is beyond tolerable at this point. I have received some relief with percocet, but not enough to warrant going up on the dose with the major nausea I have when I take it. I also have ulcerative colitis, so it makes it difficult to take certain meds. They have decided to try Nucynta. a new opiate based drug. They said it doesnt have the same side effects as the opiate based, nor does it have the "high" thats associated with those other meds. I am very unfamiliar with this medication and dont know how long its been on the market. I just want to see if anyone has ever taken this medication, how it worked and what were the side effects? Reading the info that came with the medication basically describes all of the side effects from opiates. One of my biggest reasons for trying to find another medication aside from the side effects of the opiate based drugs is that I dont want to become addicted to pills...
Please let me know if you or anyone you know have taken this and what thier experience was!
Thanks in advance for your help!

Tammy