View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 03:51 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: my mom just committed suicide

My heart goes out to you in the midst of such a tragedy. I agree with all in the previous post. I too suffered the shock of a suicide a few years ago (my father-in-law). Even though we understood why he did it, it didn't take the pain, shock, anger and sense of loss away. Right now, you need to just let yourself react in whatever way seems natural. It really helps to have the comfort of someone with you personally. Someone who can be loving, supportive and help take care of you and the things that will need to be done. If you can think of one person to be with you right now, that would help. It is devastating to go through the loss of a parent, especially self induced. Getting through the next several days should be a family affair, if you have other family members to gather together. You will be getting guidance from the authorities, who will have the necessary people contact you. Is your father in the picture? Please feel free to post again with questions or just to vent. You will find good people here on the boards.