View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 07:59 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

Snowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB User
Oh joyful... I'm so sorry. I'm not sure if you remember me - we had surgery around the same time and I have a new screen name. I had the Brostrom on March 22nd and thought I was recovering well. I started having pain again in August and it got continually worse. My doctor at the original surgery, discovered an inch long tear in my peroneal brevis tendon... And that's what caused me new problems.

The Brostrom procedure actually worked - we think - but the tear didn't heal. And after questioning my sanity, I had an MRI which revealed partial healing. So I had a second surgery to merge my two peroneal tendons on November 20th and am recovering slowly.

I'm so sorry to hear you haven't healed as well. And I remember the nightmare of dealing with workman's comp. I'm so sorry again and hope you get answers sooner rather than later.

Brostrom ligament reconstruction (success), joint debridment, perineal tendon tear repair (fail): 3/22/12