View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 12:39 PM   #3
(female)

Switch96 HB UserSwitch96 HB UserSwitch96 HB UserSwitch96 HB User
Re: Anyone else with long-time warts?

Sorry you have been going through with these treatments for so many years. You are very brave for being persistent with your health care. I am not a medical professional, but I can share some information about dietary supplementation that helped me to clear up within about six weeks of my diagnosis.

In addition to the recommended daily multivitamin and folic acid, I took a Vitamin A supplement and L-lysene. L-lysene is the ingredient in those lip balms that reduce the duration of cold sores. It is an essential amino acid in cell reproduction, and taking one or two tabs per day can help your body reproduce cells in all of your systems. Vitamin A helps with immune strength, especially on the areas of the body that are externally exposed. Tea tree oil also has anti-viral qualities, but cause major exfoliation. Be sure to apply ample lotion to the area if you choose to try tea tree oil.

From what I have read, men do sometimes struggle to overcome GW, likely due to the skin cells of their genitalia not replicating at the same rate as they do for women. I agree with the first response, arguing in favor of a biopsy for the one lesion that has been unresponsive. Regarding the warts that have had many treatments, a wart does have "roots", and often freezing ant TCA do not kill off the roots, enabling the lesion to regrow. The purpose of boosting your immune system and cell reproduction is so that your own body can kill off those roots on its own and hopefully make the warts go away for good.

Keep it up.