View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 06:23 PM   #1
(male)

Angelus2013 HB User
Anyone else have these symptoms with Hashimoto's?

Hello everyone, I'm new here and just feel like I need to connect with some people that suffer from the same issues as me.

I'm 30 years old now, I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's over 10 years ago, I was about to get married, I had just moved out of state for the first time ever, and there was a lot of stress involved. Plenty of times in my life I'd throw up or feel under the weather for no good reason, my mother has Hashimoto's disease but I never put two and two together.

I'm a man, 6'4" and around 335 pounds. After a big argument with my fiance at the time, that night I just felt awful, I had headaches, I couldn't close my eyes or go to sleep because it felt like I was falling, my heart raced and I felt terrible. After days of this, with added bouts of throwing up (On average 30 times a day). I went to the Dr. and they prescribed me Xanax and anti-depressants.

Needless to say those medications only treated my symptoms and I continued to throw up 30+ times a day and feel awful, finally my Dr. tested me for thyroid issues, but by then a lot of damage had been done. Because of all the throwing up, violent throwing up, I hurt my chest and was diagnosed with Costochondritis, my chest was very sore, my whole body was sore, neck, shoulders, arms, back, legs ect...

Being a bigger guy, when you get pain in the chest area it causes a great deal of anxiety. So I was constantly running to the ER and getting Chest X-Rays, EKG's, Stress tests and even Echo Cardio grams. All came back fine every single time. I was on Xanax and that helped a lot, but whenever the sun went down, I started to panic quite often.

It's been years and the disease cost me a marriage and basically 10 years of my life. I can tell when my meds are a bit off because I get these flare ups where my chest, neck, shoulders all bother me and hurt to touch.

I've been on 15, 30, 45, 90, 120, 160, 190, 200, 210, 230 and 240 mg of Armour Thyroid throughout those years, currently they cut it back to 195.

I still suffer from depression, anxiety and random muscle aches and twitches/pain. I constantly check my pulse, and when the sun sets, I tend to feel a million times worse. This disease makes it very hard to be social or even work effectively.

So I guess my question would be if anyone else has had these issues? Specifically the chest soreness and dread/anxiety feelings? I also of course have trouble sleeping, yet I'm pretty much always tired and sore. I feel like my life is not my own.

Any help would be grateful and appreciated. Sometimes it helps to know you aren't alone.

Thank you for any replies.