Thread: Osteoarthritis
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 09:42 PM   #1
(male)

bigdiesel717 HB User
Osteoarthritis

Hello, so I've been morbidly obese for a while now and a few months ago I started noticing pain in my lower back. I didn't think much of it because of my size but then a few weeks ago my left hip and feet started hurting as well. Well a few days ago my neck and left shoulder started hurting also. I went to the doctor because I thought it may be rheumatoid arthritis. So my doctor sent me to have blood work and a few x-rays done (back, hands, and knees). He told me my blood work was fine but I did have early arthritis in my back and knees. So now I'm not sure what to do. I'm only 28 and it's going to be hard for me to lose weight. I keep thinking that being up on my joints is only going to make it worse so I just sit around but I find myself feeling worse when I'm sitting. I don't have a very thorough doctor and it's almost a waste to go see him. That is why I'm on here trying to figure something out. I did start taking glucosamine and chondroitin (spelling). Will the popping sound my joints make when I get up or move go away eventually if I lose enough weight or is that permanent? Thanks for any help.

Last edited by bigdiesel717; 01-13-2013 at 09:43 PM.