View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 01:16 PM   #1
(female)

LauraLee77 HB User
Doctor not being fair

Hi All,

I am just looking for some quick insight. My doctor ran the TTG test which came back at 30 (anything over 19 is positive with this lab). I live in Canada and things can be slow moving here. He stated he would send me for a biospy to confirm so I continued with the gluten. I went in last week and asked him about the referral to the GE and he looked at me blankly. Then he said that the Gastro's won't do those biopisies because my one blood test came back positive. He pulled up the results - which I know is not a high positive value- and said it states positive for celiac... so I am celiac.

I, also, have Hashimoto's (which has been cycling between hypo and hyper over the lst year)- which concerns me about a false positive as well as Fibromyalgia, PCOS and ADHD (adult dx'd). I know I am a prime candidate for celiac but am unsure if I should overhaul my life without further confirmation.

Any insight anyone? I am a 35 year old woman who is struggling to get better. I beleive gluten free is good for probably anyone, but I would like to know for sure if I am celiac.