View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 11:56 AM   #1
(female)

barbjean13 HB User
Hip Bursitis and Exercise

I am currently under the care of a chiropractor for lower back and knee issues. Had knee arthroscopy in January and September and still have awful lateral pain. But, on top of that, hip bursitis has flared up again. Had two shots of cortisone which helped a bit, but gradually wore off. I find it painful to walk, almost feeling pain in my quad. I get such conflicting info on what exercise I can do without further aggravating it. I cannot stand to not have any of my usual workout routines: pickleball, elliptical, zumba, tennis, aerobics. I have been relegated to only doing the bike for cardio, but now I read that is not good for bursitis. I am going on a trip in April which will entail a good deal of walking and really want to try to clear this up by then. Any suggestions on what I can do as far as exercise without making it worse? I am feeling a bit discouraged as I was always in good shape and participated in competitive sports. I am 61 now and it seems like one injury after another. Thanks for any input, Barb Shields