View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 07:24 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Gallbladder Surgery?

Since you are very skinny it's probably because you don't have enough fat in your diet. Since it's only functioning at 1%, it is working really hard to inject the bile into your digestive system. Like when you have a sore muscle in your hand and you try to do something manual, it hurts and you don't do it very well. Same thing for the gallbladder. It's more common in women leading people to think it may have an estrogen component as well.

It's a simple procedure. They poke 3-4 holes in your abdomen (after theyinflate it with gas) and pull it out thru your belly buttom where a large scar really won't show. I had mine out 8 years ago and you can't see any of mine. The whole procedure from going under anesthesia to being wide awake in recovery was only 40 minutes. And I felt better immediately! Eat low fat from now until about 2-3 weeks after having it out so that it doesn't work so hard. At 59 I jogged two miles a week after having mine out. It's reallynot a big deal for most people.