View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 09:13 AM   #7
(female)

Nightwarrior HB User
Unhappy Re: Starting to think my sinus problem is TMJ instead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity0202 View Post
@Nightwarrior - Glad to hear that the facial massage has made you feel better. And that you're off codeine during the day.

I've also caught myself clenching my jaw subconsciously and the inside of my cheeks are full of scars and ridges so I've obviously been doing it for a long time. While I think TMJ is a possibility I still think I was diagnosed correctly with chronic sinusitis. Most of my pain is in and around my sinus passages. And I have a continuous PND. Sometimes I feel like I'm choking on it. My jaw pain comes and goes but the sinus pain and congestion is constant. My surgery is just over a week away and I'm pinning all my hopes on that. If it doesn't work I suppose I'll look more seriously into TMJ.

The last 4 weeks have been a little rough. My infection got worse and the neti pot isn't even helping anymore. I finished a course of Zinnat 500 mg and 400 mg Flagyl on Tuesday and my ENT faxed a new script for a different antibiotic to my local pharmacy this afternoon which I will pick up in about an hours time. Hold thumbs that it takes the edge off till my surgery!

I am very interested in the TMJ theory and anything you find out. Please keep me updated on how you're doing. I'm going to google the facial massage video anyway and give it a shot. Thanks again!

@Cold247 - So sorry to hear that your second CT scan didn't give you answers. It's so frustrating to be sick and know that you're sick and not be able to find a reason. Good luck with the neuromuscular orthotic. How have you been doing? Are your symptoms any better? Worse?
Thanks. My ENT didn't offer me any different antibiotics, I've had 5 now, and I'm also sure that I did have an infection..but I'm wondering now if it was caused by the trapped mucus as a result of the pain. Really hard to tell at the moment. Unfortunately the pain has come back again today and normally I would sleep for an hour or two, but trying not to sleep during the day as I'm not sure if it makes the mucus build up more ..

All my pain is in my cheekbones and temples at the moment...not in the jaw..but it seems the trigeminal nerve spreads across these areas.

I'm just trying anything and everything! I thought the cat's claw was working, but it may have been increasing my amitriptyline by 10mgs on Monday night, and maybe I need to increase it up again!

Maybe just thinking about how to get rid of the pain is making the pain worse

Hope your surgery goes well, and hopefully it will make a difference to you.