View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 12:21 PM   #3
(female)

sharper22 HB User
Re: low cortisol, low acth, almost quadrupled in stim?

My ACTH was 14 (range 10-60).
The only information I have found seems to indicate that the top 30% of the range is optimal.
I have read in 2 places now (unfortunately not sources that the endo will take seriously) that when you go from below 10 and more than triple in the stim test it indicates strongly secondary AI.

She refuses to consider anything that the thyroid. She switched my prescription from levothyroxine to armour this week, and said to check free t3, free t4 and tsh in 6 weeks. Her notes that the nurse read me over the phone say that at 6 weeks she wants me to decide if I like armour, levothyroxine, or no thyroid meds at all.
So she hasn't ordered any additional tests - no mri or anything blood tests to test pituitary function.
I guess I need to get all my dr. notes and labs and go endo hunting again. aarrgh.
It seems like I should be looking at secondary, but there aren't a lot of active SAI forums/posters that I can find to ask for advice. And Heaven knows I am not having much luck with the drs. Evidently I need to get sicker for the endos to look past the thyroid. Or I am considering crying and freaking out in the next appointment instead of trying to be calm and concise. Kidding. sorta.
Suzanne